Saturday 25th May 2013, 8:30am – 3pm; Cathedral Place, Small Hall.
Dept Aids Retreat: For Caregivers, People living with HIV/AIDS and all interested. Led by Sr. Irene OP,
Tuesday 28th May 2013 8:30am – 3.30pm, Cathedral Place, Boardroom
Dept Aids Debriefing: For all those who have attended Basic Counselling offered by the AIDS Office.
13 July, 10am -12noon, Cathedral of Christ the King.
Dept Aids Mass for Healing: Saturday, All interested are welcome. Sacrament of Reconciliation from 9am. Anointing with the Oil of Gladness after Holy Mass. RSVP AIDS Office: 011 402 6400 Sr Claudia or Ndivile.
The AIDS Ministry urges all Parish Priests and PPC’s to assist the office by establishing functioning Health Desks at parishes in response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic and other health problems that pose a challenge to the church.
What is offered by the AIDS Ministry?
- Basic and Advanced Counseling skills training
- Debriefing sessions throughout the year (5 times)
- Grief and Loss sessions for Caregivers
- Retreats for caregivers and people living with HIV/AIDS
- Healing Mass
- Personal support through our Fieldworker
- Information; AIDS Files and Pamphlets and other relevant material
- Referrals and Counselling