RITES OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS (RCIA)
The aim of this catechetical course is to help catechetical animators and community leaders to understand more and appreciate the importance and role of catechesis in the personal growth and development of the individual and the Christian Community as a whole. Emphasis is placed on catechesis as a “Journey of Faith”-a formation process encompassing the whole of life from birth to death and not something geared solely towards preparation for the reception of the Sacraments.
OUTLINE OF THE COURSE
- GDC, CCC and Policy for Catechesis in the Archdiocese of Johannesburg.
- RCIA: History, Stages and RITES.
- Catechesis, Liturgical Year and Liturgical Rites.
- Principles of Teaching and Learning.
- Questioning and Techniques.
- Roles and Responsibilities of Parents, God Parents, Sponsors, Catechist, Community and Learner.
- Scripture and Theology of the Initiation Sacraments (Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation).
- The RITE OF Baptism.
- Methodologies for Baptism: Childhood Catechesis and Youth Catechesis. Baptism Program.
- Principles of Adult learning. Managing Adult Group.
- Adult Methodologies: Our Journey together.
- Foundations of Faith: Combination Method.
- Scripture Sharing Methods: Adult Session Presentation.
- Presentation of lessons or Adult Sessions prepared by group.
- Working Sessions to prepare lessons or Adult lessons with the Group.