St Augustine is a private, Catholic university which offers both undergraduate and post graduate degrees in the humanities, as well as certificate programmes in leadership and peace studies. Established in 1999, the College had 144 enrolled undergraduate and 101 post graduate students in 2012. It has a fulltime teaching staff of 20 and boasts a fully equipped infrastructure in a tranquil campus in the Victory Park suburb of Johannesburg.
We are seeking a leader who will:
- Be able to lead with authority in the Catholic intellectual tradition
- Gain and maintain the support of the teaching and administrative staff of the institution
- Continue to oversee the university’s growing student enrolment and the expansion of its intellectual offerings
- Ensure the university’s financial sustainability and expand its research profile
The vacancy in this position has been caused by the current President being recalled to the Archdiocese of Cape Town. The Board of Directors is establishing a selection panel which will examine candidates who meet the above requirements.
- Applications should be received by 19 March 2013.
- The new President would be expected to be able to commence duties in the second half of 2013.
- Salary is negotiable.
Interested persons should send their application to Ms Val Thornton, Secretary to the Academic Dean of St Augustine via post, P O Box 44782, Linden, 2104 or email email@example.com
Mr Bobby Godsell– Chairman of the Board of Directors
Prof Rex van Vuuren – Academic Dean
St Augustine is registered with the Department of Education as a private higher education institute under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Certificate No. 2000/HE08/002